Have you ever dreamed about growing some plants but, don’t know how to start it? Don’t feel bad about it because not everyone is born with a green thumb. Many plants are easy to grow at home and it comes in an array of variations, like the aloe vera.
This plant is a native of the Arabian Peninsula, from the south-west area. However, as time passed by, it’s been favored and widely nurtured throughout the world. It’s become an established plant grown in North Africa and mostly on tropical, semi-tropical places with dry climates. But, what is the main reason for the spread of its species in the world? Well, it’s really simple yet, fascinating because aloe vera promises to deliver an array of agricultural and healing properties.
What are these benefits?
The aloe vera leaves are teeming with the translucent gel that is gelatinous to the touch and bitter to the taste. It may be gooey but, it’s made up of 96% water with inorganic and organic compounds. Potentially 75 active elements such as;
- Salicylic Acids
- Vitamins B12, C, A, and E
- Amino Acids
- Folic Acid
Healing the Skin
- Psoriasis is a skin disorder wherein it causes it to become scaly, itchy, and red. It usually appears the elbows, knees, scalp, and trunk. Aloe vera reduces the scaling and redness caused by the condition.
- Acne is a common problem for teenagers and even for older people. When you’ll apply the gel and massage it, the procedure enhances the skin’s blood flow and kills destructive bacteria. What about break-outs? Can it help you? Of course, by leaving it overnight it diminishes the irritation and redness.
- What about sunburn? From the peer-review studies accessible, it appears that the claims of aloe vera for mild to moderate cases do work.
- Will it be effective for wound care? Because of its natural richness of vitamins and minerals, it decreases inflammation, puts a stop to ulcers, and augments the skin’s integrity.
As Alternative Medicine
- For rheumatoid arthritis, topical aloe vera is reliable for reducing the pain. The salicylic acid performs as a natural analgesic.
- Acid reflux or heartburn is quite uncomfortable. Aloe vera has the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to ease such attacks and even GERD, as well. Lessens the occurrence of vomiting from all these conditions.
- If you are searching for an organic means to improve oral health and avert possible gingivitis, aloe vera mouthwash is a useful choice.
How to Grow It?
In this age where everything is available in the market, it appears that growing aloe vera promotes organic and special benefits for you. It is fairly easy to cultivate as long as you focus on the basic key points.
- It’s a succulent and prefers dry conditions.
- Put it inside a pot with holes for draining the excess water and potting soil with building sand or perlite.
- In needs proper but, indirect sunlight.
- Never leave it out at night especially in cold weather or winter season.
- Never water it too often.
- You may propagate to revive it or to grow stronger roots before transferring to a pot if you wish.