Why is self-care so important? How will you be able to do it the right way?
You hear a lot about it these days, especially on social media. But, what does it mean or its true essence?
The Common Misconception
Do you have the wrong idea of the whole concept? It seems that people have the misconception of its association with self-improvement.
Although wanting to improve yourself is essential too, but it is focusing more on having a perfectionist mentality.
In these modern days of pursuing a fast-paced life, when you cannot achieve your goal, then you go spiraling down shame and feeling useless. That is yearning to attain self-improvement.
On the contrary, the method of taking care of you focuses on physical and mental health. It is the things that you will do and when you do wake up, you’ll feel better. You are going to be lighter and more inspired.
Why It’s Essential for You?
If you haven’t practiced it yet, then you are missing so much in your life now.
The real essence and purpose of self-care to pay close attention to yourself. And of course, not in a manner that is reflecting a narcissistic attitude.
Pursuing the mindful practice may seem selfish, and that is far from the truth. The reality is you are taking full responsibility for yourself, so you won’t burn out, and be able to offer help to others too.
Have you ever heard about the “choice theory“? It means that every person can control themselves, and a restricted capacity govern over others.
As you become more responsible for your life, you show initiative withdrawing yourself from directing others on how they should live their lives or make decisions.
You have the endowment of taking accountability for your choices and offer support to others as they take ownership of their life decisions.
The relationship you do share with others will become established, and fulfillment in the lives increases.
- The relationship you do share with others will become established, and fulfillment in the lives increases. It is because you will no longer rely on others to fulfill your needs. Through this, you are creating healthier boundaries as you learn to say yes, and no when it matters.
What are the Big Benefits You Will Gain?
- Physical wellness takes on a healthier turn. You would rather know what to do and to apply what you’ve learned on sustaining your body with quality and nutritious diet.
- You do your best to be active and sweat out the toxins from your body. Exercising does not only rid the toxins, but it also gives you energy, and boost your happy hormones. Should you deny yourself of any treats? It does not have to be that way, as it is a matter of balance.
- When you are mindful of your well-being, you are also caring for your mental health. Be kind to yourself so you can also be kind to others.
- You can keep the balance and control in your life. It becomes easy for you to let go of what is no longer useful. You realize what’s the concerns and needs that you have to prioritize, and go for it!
Self-care journey is going to take time, as it encourages you to slow down and take the necessary steps that feel right for you. It is never selfish to put yourself first.
From what they always say, “you cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown