Are you looking for a pocket-friendly facial therapy that can clear your breakouts? Facial steaming is the easiest skincare routine that you must consider. It is a deep cleansing facial which has exceptional benefits that nourish the skin. You can do exfoliation and hydration without leaving your house. All you need to have is a towel, bowl, and hot water.
Steaming treatment is best for acne-prone skin and stubborn blackheads. If you are experiencing clogged pores, this kind of therapy works best for your skin. Today, we will give tips on how to do the facial steaming and what benefits get by considering this as your skin regimen.
How to do Facial Steaming?
You can always achieve a blemish-free skin without hurting your pocket. Here are the step-by-step ways on how to do facial steaming.
- Keep your hair away from your face.
- Wash your face and neck to remove dirt and make-up sitting on your face.
- Boil 4-6 cups of water which will depend on the size of your bowl
- After boiling, simmer the water for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour the water into the bowl. You can add essential oil while doing this step.
- Drape a towel over your head and on the bowl.
- You can seat while holding your face 5-6 inches above the water
- You may lower and raise your head to acquire your preferred heat for your face. If it’s too hot, you can lift a corner of the towel to release some heat.
- Steam your face for about 10 minutes.
- Since steam treatment leaves your pores open, it is the best time to use a facial mask to remove impurities from your face. If you don’t prefer to use a mask, you can wash your face with warm water.
Now that you’ve already known how to do facial streaming, it’s time to check out on the benefits that this therapy can bring to your face.
Advantages of Facial Steaming
Although facial streaming is inexpensive and easy to be done at home, it does not compromise to acquire benefits that are really evident in promising results. Here are the things that facial streaming can do for your skin:
- It deeply cleanses skin
As the water vapor enables pores to open, blackheads are easier to remove. Even more, it exfoliates skin by removing dead skin cells and other bacteria that may cause in clogging the pores.
- Moisturizes face
The steam helps to increase oil production which moisturizes skin. Sebum, a natural oil produced by the sebaceous gland, is responsible for nourishing skin and hair. When sebum is trapped on the surface of the skin and excessive production of the oil can cause skin to breakout.
- Promotes blood circulation
The warm steam and perspiration during the facial steaming widen blood vessels which improve blood circulation. With a better blood flow, the production of elastin and collagen increases resulting in younger and glowing skin. Boost blood circulation can carry away waste products that damage skin.
- Improves skin absorption
With increased blood circulation and unclog cleanse pores, the absorption of skin improves. That’s why it is best to apply a mask and moisturizer after steaming. Even more, skin can enjoy the additional benefits of applying your skincare products.
- It is relaxing
The added essential oils provide a soothing effect which gives calmness. For some, they take time to meditate while doing this treatment.
Embracing the New Skincare Routine
Steaming the face is a deep cleansing therapy that best for moisturizing skin to prevent acne breakouts. It is an accessible and affordable skin regimen that is beneficial for all skin types. Bear in mind that skin needs to moisturize and exfoliate to avoid clogged skin which can cause acne. Plus, facial steaming soothes the mind and body while enhancing the health of the skin.