Calcium is essential for everyone as it gives you stronger bones. Where does a person get it? More often, it is from the cow’s milk or other animals like a goat.
However, some cannot tolerate it as they suffer from lactose intolerant. Others prefer not drinking cow’s milk for health reasons. There are studies that supplements can cause health issues too?
Is there an alternative option to solve the calcium deficiency dilemma?
Why It Matters?
The mineral is abundant in your teeth and bones. It is crucial to bodily functions, specifically, the heart, muscle, blood clotting, releasing enzymes and hormones, and efficient acquiring of nerve signals.
Do you lose the mineral? Yes, you do. Thus, it is critical to replace the minerals used to prevent the bones’ weakening and help the system work correctly.
According to research, an adult requires 1000mg to 1200 of the minerals to ensure you are getting all you need. Children can absorb up to 60% of what they consume and drink, while only 20% for adults. As a result, people who are over 50 must eat more!
As you were taught, when you were younger, it only comes from cow’s or goat’s milk. But the truth is, it is possible to acquire nutritious minerals through plants.
What are these calcium-rich plants?
Lentils and Beans
- These come in a massive array of variety, and they all deliver a good volume of the mineral.
- If you aim to acquire some weight healthily and enjoy the fiber-rich nutrients, sweet potatoes are great for the job! What’s more, per 100mg, you’ll attain 2% of DV. Simultaneously, a cup of mashed sweet potato is about 77mg or 6% of the DV.
- Did you know that with just 1/4 cup, you can get as much as 10% of the required RDA? What about other nuts? Those do provide but only infractions.
- Of course, vegetables are indeed the best options when seeking an alternative from the customary market choices. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, and leafy greens give you 14% per half-cup of serving. Other green vegetables to try are spinach, Bok Choy, beet greens, collard greens, and okra.
- Many vegans and vegetarians approve of soy foods, especially when they are organic and non-GMO. It from soya beans, and the versatility of food produce is extensive! 100mg grants 11% RDI. You’ll also get fiber, protein, essential minerals, and vitamins.
You can get all the calcium you need without having acquire it from animal products. All of it is safe, delicious and healthy!